Monday, June 2, 2014

End Up Alone, Part 4

IV
            I lay in my bed. After the conversation with the cop I decided to walk back to my car and take it to Three Lions on Oakland. There was no one there that I knew and I was glad. I had a few Guini (that’s the plural of Guiness, right?) and some shots of Jameson. After I got a decent buzz I decided to go home, I could complete my buzz with a little baggie I kept in the butter department of my fridge.

            Here I sit, on my beige sheets in my twin bed looking up at a Marvelous 3 poster with a glass pipe named Luigi in my right hand. A little bit of resin is left and I’ll light and puff until it’s as far gone as I can take it. I kind of wish there was a TV in my room, but I don’t want to go out to the living room and make my roommate think that I can hear what they’re doing in there. I can hear it fine and I don’t see that as a bad thing. I laugh. It’s the first laugh I had all day and it takes a while to come down. I think about the security guard, the Scandinavian bimbos, and Winters and I laugh even harder. The laughs devolve into coughs as I remember the last lines of the song I was listening to this morning, “Why do we all end up alone? Why do we all end up dead, drunk, or stoned?”

No comments:

Post a Comment